Friday, March 16, 2012

How to procrastinate at U of T Mississauga

Salutations Reader,

My name is Jason and I am currently a third year student studying both psychology and biology. I’m here to discuss my student life, but before I go on I find it impossible to not bring up how nice your hair looks today. Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way it’s time to get back to what’s really important: myself. So how has my student life been? What a great question to ask, as I’m sure it has been on the mind of many of you.  Truly it has been a busy time of year. There are tests to take, assignments to write, and soufflés to bake. So with all these academic-based things that I must complete by the end of the year, I naturally have spent most of my time this week procrastinating. Because of this, I have decided to dedicate this blog to show a prospective student how to procrastinate at the University of Toronto Mississauga.

The first step to procrastinating at UTM is finding the internet, which should be really easy since wireless internet is available all over campus. Once you have located yourself online you can now spend your hours watching hilarious videos of cats. Don’t enjoy cats? What about dogs? Really any animal doing cute things should keep you busy for a while. They even have a website dedicated to baby zoo animals called “zoo borns”, who could resist such a website?

Once you have grown tired of searching cute animals it is time to find a new activity to procrastinate with. I would suggest the campus student center. Here you can pick from a variety of activities - maybe going to the pub for a bite to eat, performing some break dancing (I’m really good at break dancing), or indulging in a sweet jam session (the UTM music club holds weekly electric/ acoustic jam sessions in the student center). These are all really cool ways to spend your time distracting your mind from that upcoming test that is happening this coming Friday.

Ok let’s recap our day of procrastination so far; first we surfed the campus wireless internet, then went for a bite to eat and finally we displayed our amazing guitar skills to the UTM music club. Now unfortunately it is that time of day where I realize that I really need to get work done. Procrastination is great, but it can only get you so far. So it is time to head to your favourite study spot on campus and get some work done. For me that place is the picnic tables located beside the Credit River - I know, very fancy and romantic. So now that you’re situated in the nice spring air with your laptop it’s time to get work done!






Jason Summers is a third year student working toward an Honours Bachelor of Science with a Double Major in Biology and Psychology. He lives and works on residence as a Don and happens to be pretty good with a guitar.